|Er zijn verschillende soorten leden binnen TIFI. Afhankelijk van wat voor soort lid je bent krijg je andere voordelen.
Er wordt gewerkt aan vernieuwing in de focuswereld.
Een eerste teken daarvan is de nieuwe naam: TFI is nu TIFI geworden omdat dit beter weerspiegelt dat het een internationale organisatie betreft.
Er is ook een werkgroep bezig rond het uitbreiden van de voordelen van lid zijn van TIFI.
Hieronder vind je de huidige informatie over lid zijn en de eraan verbonden voordelen.
Professional Membership means that you are actively maintaining your status in your Member Category so that our referral system is accurate, including staying current on payment of dues. All paid up Professional Members are listed in the annual TFI Member Directory. There are also member discounts for some of our programs, e.g., The Focusing Institute Summer School, The World Focusing-Oriented Therapy Conference and The Focusing Institute publication ”The Folio.”
Certifying Coordinators, Coordinators-in-Training and Certified Focusing Professionals are provided free access to a simple online application that allows them to easily create and maintain a personal web page which is part of the TFI website. Your personal page will be available to the public when someone searches for a Focusing Teacher or Focusing-Oriented therapist.
The Professional Member categories are:
- Certifying Coordinator (CC): Coordinators are our most experienced teachers who have spent many years learning and teaching Focusing. They are able to train individuals from the beginning of someone’s learning all of the way through Certification. They are a special group of dedicated teachers – currently 193 CC’s from 33 countries. If someone is looking for a teacher, they can find a Certifying Coordinator from the on-line searchable database.
- Coordinator-in-Training (CNT): CNT’s are individuals being mentored by a Certifying Coordinator to become a Coordinator. We recognize the substantial commitment CNT’s are making by listing them as such in our Member Directory. Once they have trained a minimum of two people from the beginning all the way through certification, have a written curriculum and sent it to The Focusing Institute and their mentor is satisfied that they are ready, the CNT is officially welcomed as a Certifying Coordinator.
- Certified Focusing Professional, Focusing Trainer or trained in Focusing-Oriented Therapy: These are individuals who have completed their Focusing training and are recommended by their Certifying Coordinator. They pay the one time Certification Fee or attend the annual Advanced and Certification Weeklong, and receive their Certificate from The Focusing Institute. They are able to teach Focusing to individuals or groups. If someone is looking for a teacher, they can find a Certified Focusing Professional from the on-line searchable database.
- Trainee: is someone who is currently training with one of our Certifying Coordinators.
Sustaining Membership means that you support the work of The Focusing Institute by joining as an Associate, Supporter or Friend. You may be a beginner or advanced Focuser and have taken a few or many workshops for your own development. You may have used many of the Focusing resources that are available on our website and others. You appreciate how Focusing has been a big support in your life and want to show your appreciation by connecting with us as an Associate, Supporter or Friend. We welcome your being part of the international Focusing Community and hope to have a continuing relationship with you.
The Sustaining Member categories are Associate ($75/year) , Supporter: ($50/year), and Friend ($25/year).
- The benefits for Associate and Supporting Member categories are the same, except you will be listed differently in the Member Directory; within country, Associate Members are listed before Supporting Members. Associate and Supporting Member benefits include a printed (if requested) and e-copy of the current Member Directory. The extra $25 we receive from Associate Members is deeply appreciated and makes a difference in sustaining our work.
- Friend: $25/year.
All Members are sent our e-newsletter, "In Focus," and regular Institute mailings. The newsletter and the mailings help keep you up-to-date on developments and stay connected to the International Focusing community. Additionally, member discounts are available for certain workshops and retreats, as well as for The Focusing Institute publication "The Folio."
All Members are invited to join and have free access to our international partnership pool if you are a Certified Focusing Professional, have received the Proficiency in Focusing Partnership (PFP) award, or have a written recommendation from a TFI Coordinator or Trainer. Click here for details. You can search for a partner based on interests, language, location and more. For more information about Focusing Partnership and the Focusing Partnership Program, please click here.
Whether you are joining for the first time or renewing, please click the appropriate link above. Please call the Focusing Institute at 845-480-5111 if you have any questions. If you are renewing, please make sure your contact information is accurate.