|EFA (European Focusing Association) Newsletter 4/2017|
EFA (European Focusing Association) is a European network for Focusers, Focusing professionals and Focusing practitioners, who wish to develop Focusing and the Experiential Approach through collaboration, openness and mutual support.
Dear Friends,We hope you are well and enjoying this beautiful spring wherever you are.
We realise that there has been some confusion about whether or not the people who receive this newsletter also need to register membership on the EFA website. We know that by signing up in Cambridge that you did, in effect, register to be a member of the European Focusing Association, but we would also like to encourage you to sign up to the website as we aim for it to become a forum for Europe-wide ‘networking’ and the sharing of information.
We have had to make some changes to the ‘process’ of registering to the website because of some ‘spam’ registrations that we have received and details of how to register and post on the website are given below.
What is the point of registering to the EFA Website?
By registering to the website you open up several possibilities:
- You can advertise your work (individual work or workshops) to a wider (European-wide) group of participants. (There are already examples of such postings on the website.)
- You can learn more about training and events that are happening elsewhere in Europe.
- You can start a discussion forum for areas of particular interest (you will see, for example, that a ‘coaching’ group has begun to form and will shortly meet in Amsterdam).
- You can form or join ‘task groups’.
- You can ask questions.
How do I register on the EFA Website?
- Send an email to our Web administrator Nikos Kypriotakis (email@example.com) and tell him that you wish to register yourself on the Website.
- Nikos will then send you a password that you can use to access the website for the first time (you can then change the password to one that you will easily remember).
- You then go to the website (https://efa-focusing.eu/) and in the top left-hand corner you will see an option either to ‘Log in’ or ‘Register’.
- Once you have registered (or logged in) your name (and profile picture once you’ve added one) will come up in the top-right hand corner with the message ‘Howdy [your name]’.
- Click on ‘Howdy [your name]’ and a number of options will come up, including ‘Edit my profile’ where you can set up your profile through a number of easy steps. There is an option to add a link to your own website if you wish to do this.
How do I post a general message on the EFA website?
- Go to your ‘Profile’ and click on your picture (or the space for a picture) and a message will come up saying ‘What’s new [your name]?’
- Write your message and send.
How do I post an individual message on the EFA website?
- Go to the Dropdown box that appears when you click ‘Howdy [your name]’ and click on ‘Messages’.
- Another Dropdown box will appear with the option ‘Compose’.
- Write your message and send.
We are in the process of composing some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for the Website, but we thought these instructions might be helpful to get you started. It takes a bit of time to get used to the Website, but it is actually very simple once you get used to it!
We are delighted to have been joined on the Steering Group by
- Nikos Kypriotakis from Greece, a Physics teacher who loves Gendlin’s philosophy, Focusing, TAE and is in charge of the Website and the EFA Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/FocusingEurope), and
- Tine Swyngedouw, who is a Focusing trainer, FOT psychotherapist and Certifying Coordinator from Belgium, and who is in charge of the European Coordinators Conference Calls.
We will send out another Newsletter with further details of the website and the possibility of a 2017 meeting, but, in the meantime, we hope to see you on the Website!
With our warm good wishes,
Fiona, Hejo, Judy, Pavlos, Nikos, Tine
|Terug naar overzicht|